This report has been renewed for 2021. Please go to this page to download the new report.
In 2020, starts with the promise of emotionally intelligent interfaces and hyper intuitive cognitive capabilities that will transform business in unpredictable ways. We begin Tech Trends 2020 with a timely update on the nine macro technology forces we examined in last year’s report. These forces—digital experience, analytics, cloud, core modernization, risk, the business of technology, digital reality, cognitive, and blockchain—form the technology foundation upon which organizations will build the future.The Tech Trends of 2020 are:
- HUMAN EXPERIENCE PLATFORMS: Leading organizations are creating customized, emotionally intelligent experiences based on individuals’ behaviors, preferences, and values using technologies like machine learning, voice response, and image recognition.
- ETHICAL TECHNOLOGY AND TRUST: Beyond the essentials of compliance and security, organizations are approaching the broader issue of trust as a corporate brand strategy driven by the impact emerging technology is having across products, services, and goals.
- ARCHITECTURE AWAKENS: Established companies with legacy systems have begun moving architects out of the ivory tower and into the trenches. Their goal? Create the kind of architectural agility that often gives younger competitors a market advantage.
- FINANCE AND THE FUTURE OF IT: As enterprises become more agile, companies are exploring new approaches to accounting, contracting, and capital planning to fuel agile innovation and usher in a new approach to enterprise finance.
- DIGITAL TWINS: High fidelity digital simulations combined with IoT sensors and machine learning are presenting a host of new opportunities ranging from optimization to autonomous decision-making to new business models.
- HORIZON NEXT: A FUTURE LOOK AT THE TRENDS: What big technology shifts could emerge over the next decade? As the line between the digital world and humans blurs, it’s becoming clear that today’s trends are the seeds from which tomorrow’s possibilities will grow.